CHAPS is a not-for-profit organization governed by Christian values, dedicated to the strength, health, and well-being of those who live in our community.
The mission of CHAPS is to serve children and families dealing with emotional and/or behavioral difficulties through the use of equine assisted mental health counseling activities.
We empower those we serve to achieve ongoing productivity and success within their home, at school, at work, and in the community.
CHAPS provides the following services to children ages 4-18:
- Individual and group equine-assisted psychotherapy
- HOPE Lives! A youth suicide prevention and intervention program
- Hope & Healing Day Treatment Program: a four hours per day, five days per week intensive version of our HOPE Lives! youth suicide prevention and intervention program
- Special Gifts: an equine-assisted growth and learning program for children and families dealing with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD
- Striving Toward Excellence: group therapy for high-risk students which serve several area school districts
- Behavioral Health Services to youth and families in our outpatient offices located in Appleton, New London, Kaukauna, and Green Bay
Families are billed on an ability to pay basis. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay.